Tea tree oil is extracted from the leaves of the tree Melaleuca alternifolia, which is native to Australia.
It’s well known for its ability to fight bacteria and reduce skin inflammation. Specifically, tea tree oil helps fight P. acnes and S. epidermidis, two types of bacteria that can cause pimples ..
One study found that 5% tea tree oil gel was almost four times more effective at reducing acne lesions and almost six times more effective at reducing acne severity than a placebo
The tea tree oil treatment also resulted in fewer adverse effects, including dryness, irritation, and burning.
It’s important to note that tea tree oil is very potent and can cause redness and irritation when applied directly to the skin. For this reason, it should be diluted with a carrier oil.
According to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, only a small amount of research has been conducted on the topical use of tea tree oil for health conditions, and a limited amount of research indicates that tea tree oil might be helpful for acne
If you choose to try please it, use it safely and always perform a test patch on your skin, as tea tree oil can be very irritating and should never be applied undiluted to the skin.
How to use tea tree oil for acne
- Combine 1 drop of tea tree oil with 1 teaspoon carrier oil.
- Dip a cotton swab into the mixture and apply it directly to pimples.
- Apply moisturizer, if desired.
- Repeat this process 1–2 times per day, as needed.
A lot of people drink green tea for its health benefits, but it can also be helpful when applied directly to the skin.
Green tea contains flavonoids and tannins, which are known to help fight inflammation and the bacteria that may cause pimples
Multiple studies have shown that people with acne experience significantly less sebum production and pimples when they apply a 2–3% green tea extract to their skin
There are a handful of skin care products on the market that contain green tea, but it’s very simple and cost-effective to make your own mixture at home.
You can get a quality green tea online.
How to use green tea for acne
- Steep green tea in boiling water for 3–4 minutes.
- Allow the tea to cool.
- Apply it to your face with a cotton ball or spritz it on using a spray bottle.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes or overnight, and then rinse your face with water.
- Apply 1–2 times per day, as needed. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Berberis Aquifolium Mother Tincture Q [ Homeopathy ]
- Helps to provide relief in case of itchy scalp, severe headaches, burning sensations in the urine, minor pains in vagina
- Helps to control eruption of pimples
- Facilitates aid in case of itchy, burning eyes and blurred vision
- Helps to improve digestion and defecation
- Useful in dealing with skin problems such as dry eczema, psoriasis, and glandular swellings
Directions For Use
Take 10 drops of tincture in half cup of water thrice a day or, as recommended by the physician.